People seem to really dig our Thanksgiving leftovers inspired sandwich, so we figured we would share the recipe. Enjoy!
Mexicue Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich
- Martins Potato Rolls
- Chipotle Cheddar Mashed Potatoes (recipe below)
- Leftover sliced turkey
- Chorizo Stuffing (recipe below)
- Chili Cranberry Relish (recipe below)
- Lightly toast potato rolls
- Spread a healthy amount of mashed potatoes on the bottom bun
- Top with sliced turkey and chorizo stuffing.
- Finish by spreading the top bun with Chili Cranberry Relish.
Chipotle Cheddar Mashers
- 3 1/2 pounds potatoes
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 16 fluid ounces (2 cups) half-and-half
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 dried chipotle peppers
- 6 ounces grated white cheddar
- Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are about the same size. Place the cut potatoes in a large pot, add salt, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a slow boil. Cook until potatoes fall apart when stabbed with a fork.
- Heat the half-and-half, garlic and chipotle peppers in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and blend.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water. Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture and cheese; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Chorizo & Mushroom Stuffing
- 4 cups country bread, diced
- 1 cup chopped chorizo
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ stick butter
- ¼ cup chopped parley
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Lay the diced country bread across a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes until lightly browned. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Saute chorizo, celery and carrot for about five minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Saute mushrooms for another 5 minutes and remove.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the stuffing to a buttered baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until the top is browned and crispy.
Chili Cranberry Relish
- 2 large oranges
- ¾ cup sugar (plus more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle powder (plus more to taste)
- 1 12 ounce bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Juice oranges into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice to a sauté pan and heat slowly.
- Cook until the sugar dissolves and starts to caramelize.
- When mixture thickens and starts to become a caramel color, add cranberries, orange juice and chipotle powder. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 5-10 minutes or until the cranberries start to break down.
- Remove and cool.