- 1 Serrano pepper, halved and seeded (use 2 for heavier heat)
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice (plus more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- Place Serrano pepper over high heat either on a grill or gass stovetop. Flip with tongs until both sides are slightly charred and it is soft. Cool and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl add the pepper and remaining ingredients and use a potato masher to mash all ingredients together.
- Taste for additional salt and lime juice.